Sunday, January 16, 2011

You're Gonna Do WHAT to Me Now?

I almost got raped one time.

Ok so that isn't entirely true, but it really draws your attention, doesn't it? In actuality I just kind got threatened to be raped in a really roundabout way. Let me explain.

I used to work at a pizza shop. Now my neighborhood is not exactly an upscale area, so we had the occasional druggie, drunkard, or just scary-as-shit customer come into our establishment every now and again. The thing was...this guy didn't look like any of these archetypes.
 Pictured: someone who fits the description "Scary-as-shit"

Our drinks at the time came in three sizes: small, medium, and large, because we were original in that way. To further complicate this drink situation, the cups that they came in were disposable. I know this is difficult to wrap your head around, or at least that's what this man led me to believe, so you may need to go back and read that description of the drinks again.

This fine fellow enters our establishment wondering if he could have a cup. I thought this was pretty much a non-issue, but my manager explained to me that we could not simply give a cup away due to inventory and price per cup and whatnot. It didn't seem like a big deal to me to give away one cup, but my manager wanted me to charge the man 40 cents for the cup, and I wasn't going to argue.

Well, this man could not wrap his brain around the idea that the cup was not free, leading to the following exchange taking place:

Me: I can give you a cup but I have to charge you 40 cents for it if that's ok.
Fine Fellow (hereafter abbreviated as FF): ...wha?
Me: I know, sorry, it's just that we don't keep the cups so we have to pay for them, and my manager wants me to charge you for the cup so that it doesn't throw inventory out of whack or something.
FF: ...THE F**K YOU TALKIN' ABOUT?
Me: Sorry, I have to.
FF: You know what? When I was in PRISON, people got RAPED for shit like this!!!

People get raped for such trivial things in prison.

Now I would like you to note that the word raped is in caps, bolded, italicized and underlined because I need you to know just how much he emphasized this word. He wanted me to know that unless he got his cup, the pants were coming off.

I didn't know what to do...so I kinda laughed at him

Fine Fellow did not care for that. His face turned a shade of purple normally reserved for eggplants and Barney. He became quite flustered, mostly incoherent, shouting on about prison time and all sorts of mean things. I didn't really know how to handle the situation. 

Thankfully, my boss did. He came out of the back wielding a metal pizza shovel yelling in Italian and chased the man out of his restaurant.

Just a normal day at my job...

4 comments:

Jacky said...

this is absolutely hilarious! hahaha picturing the scene (although scary) makes me laugh.

i'm glad i came across this blog! definitely coming back for more stories haha.

Erich said...

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have more than a few stories from this particular job that I intend to share, so be on the lookout for them.

Shalon said...

Oh the people at work, they're so fun. And what's so great is our manager still wields his pizza shovel shooing the "scary-as-shit people" out of our restaurant. And btw, I have an antipasto story for you. It's a new and improved one.

Vani said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
Pizza Shovel

Post a Comment